Ad Code

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

m400 sig tread

M400 Sig Tread - We all know Sig Sauer especially for their guns. However, their rifles are a completely different beast. I let their guns fly under my radar for a long time. Until then, a friend asked me about the Sig Sauer M400 Tread, a preloaded AR-15 designed to introduce gun owners to the platform while offering an entry-level price point. It has a cool name and looks a little odd, but is it everything Sig Sauer said it was? Read on to find out.

The Tread is a nice looking rifle for the most part. I haven't decided yet how I feel about the handguard with only the MLOK slots on the front. The M400 is very modular so replacing it isn't a big deal, but I think it should be included in the kit rather than separate. It also doesn't include binoculars out of the box, which has always been a disappointment with all the companies I buy from. The wear surface is an entry level rifle, it should be ready to go out of the box.

M400 Sig Tread

M400 Sig Tread

Good news for left-handers: The M400 product is fully ambidextrous and features a safety, magazine catch and QD points on both sides of the rifle.

M400 Tread Predator

I will say that the tread is very accurate right out of the box. I threw one of my red dots at it, zeroed it in, and started tapping while sitting on the bench. Standing increased the group a bit, but the shots were still easy to land.

To test the longer distances, I put the LPVO on and went to work. I got similar results, but it looks like my rifle could use some practice at 100 yards. I noticed that the groups are inches and vary except for the flyers. Including bends opens up shot groups to 2-3 inches, which I think is still pretty solid.

I hesitate to say that the tread is reliable because I am not 100% sure. I had a couple of issues with the cheaper ammo, but the higher quality brass ammo was fine. After a few hundred shots, the M400 began to function flawlessly regardless of the type of ammunition.

It is also worth mentioning that an accessory kit is available for the M400 tread. It's very modular and definitely for people learning or just getting into AR-15s.

New To Sig M400 Tread Series: Tread Predator

The Sig Sauer M400 Tread is a pretty solid rifle. Rights that can be found for less than $800. The only thing is that it is not very noticeable. This is definitely for someone looking to get their first AR-15 for less. It's not perfect, but it's cheap, easy to learn/understand, and it works. At this price, I don't know what else you'd really want. Personally, I would build my own to gain experience and learn more about how my rifle works, but it's not for everyone. And that's where the Sig Sauer M400 surface comes into play.

Richard Douglas is a long-time shooter, outdoorsman and tech expert. He is the founder and editor of Scopes Field and a writer for The National Interest, Cheaper Than Dirt, Daily Caller, and other publications.

Sig m400 sling, sig sauer m400 review, leica m400, m400, where can i buy a sig sauer m400, sig sauer m400 sling mount, sig sauer m400 soft case, watchguard m400, sig sauer m400 sling attachment, m400 transmitter, sig sauer m400 bullet button, sig sauer m400 case

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Recent Comments

Ad Code