Ad Code

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

m400 ar 15

M400 Ar 15 - We all know Sig Sauer, especially for their handguns. Their rifles are a whole different animal. For too long I let their big guns fly under my radar. That was until a friend of mine asked me about the Sig Sauer M400 Tread, a pre-built AR-15 designed to introduce gun owners to the platform. It has a nice name and sounds a bit cool, but is it everything Sig Sauer says it is? Read on to know.

The trigger is a nice looking rifle for the most part. I'm still undecided on how I feel about a handguard with only MLOK slots on the front. The M400 is super modular, so replacing it is trivial, but I feel like it should be included rather than taken apart. It also doesn't include out of the box placements which always disappoints any company I buy from. The Tread is an entry-level rifle that should be ready out of the box.

M400 Ar 15

M400 Ar 15

Good news for lefties, though: the M400 tread is completely surrounded by safety, magazine catch, and QD points on both sides of the rifle.

Sig Sauer M400 Elite

I would say the tread is out of the box. I threw in one of my red dots, zeroed it and sat on the bench and started running the tech. Standing up increased the group a bit, but shots on target were effortless.

To test the long ranges, I put the LPVO on and went to work. I got similar results, but it seems my rifle shooting could use some practice at 100 yards. I found the groups to be one inch, leaving out the modifiers. Including the outliers opens the shot groups up to 2-3 inches, which I'd say is still pretty solid.

I'm hesitant to say the tread is reliable because I'm not 100% convinced. I've had some malfunctions with the cheap ammo, but the high quality brass ammo has worked well. After several hundred rounds, the M400 began to fire flawlessly regardless of ammunition type.

It's also worth noting that a range of accessories are available for the M400 Tread. It's very modular and definitely geared toward people learning about or getting into AR-15s.

Sig M400 Tread Ar 15 Carbine 223/5.56 16\

The Sig Sauer M400 Tread is a very solid rifle. A right to find it for less than $800. It's just that it's not particularly impressive. It's definitely designed for someone looking to get their first AR-15. It's not perfect, but it's cheap, easy to learn/understand, and works. At this price point, I don't know what you really need. I personally prepare myself for the experience of this and better understand how my rifle works, but it's not for everyone. That's where the Sig Sauer M400 Tread comes in.

Richard Douglas is a longtime shooter, outdoor enthusiast, and technician. He is the founder and editor of Scopes Field, a columnist for The National Interest, Cheaper Dirt, The Daily Caller, and other publications.

Ar 15 gun safe, gun vise ar 15, ar-15, vuzix m400 ar glasses, ar.15, ar 15 torque wrench, ar 15 gun skins, ar m400, ar 15 vise block, ar 15 mag holster, ar 15, ar 15 skins

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Recent Comments

Ad Code